2015 Meeting Dates: (download .pdf version here)
- JULY 21ST - Field Trip to Olana Castle, Hudson, NY for sunset photography of castle, grounds, gardens, and views. Members will meet at Olana at or after 6:00 PM.
- AUGUST 4th - Field Trip to Saugerties Lighthouse for evening, sunset photography. Notes from from the lighthouse website; "Any high tide of 4.0 feet or higher may cover portions of the trail. Tides rise and fall at a rate of nearly 1/2 foot per hour. Allow enough time before and after high tide time for the trail to clear." High Tide (4.79ft.) for the lighthouse is at 6:07 PM on August 4th. Sunset is at 8:10 PM.
- AUGUST 18th - Bring in our photos from our field trips to Montgomery Place, Olana, and Saugerties Lighthouse for critique, two photos per member per trip.
- SEPTEMBER 1st - TECHNIQUE - BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY - GROUP DISCUSSION....Bring in examples of Black and White photos showing various B & W techniques, including toned images.
- SEPTEMBER 15th - Bring in your Black and White photos for critique.
- NOTE - Either Saturday Sept. 26th or Saturday October 3rd early morning field trip to North/South Lake
- OCTOBER 6th - TECHNIQUE - Discussion about Shooting in the Fall, refer to shots taken at North South Lake decide how to present them at our next meeting.
- OCTOBER 20th - BRING IN YOUR FALL PHOTOS for show and tell and critique. If you are unable to make it to the Saturday early morning shoots or if they are cancelled due to weather....simply , bring in examples of mountaintop photography you took on your own.
- NOVEMBER 3rd - TECHNIQUE - PORTRAITS - SERIOUS, CASUAL, AND/OR "FUN" PORTRAITS of ourselves - bring in WIGS, ARTICLES OF CLOTHING etc....NOTE - the last time we did this we never showed our work at a meeting. This time we will, whether you take serious shots or fun portraits, we will review and critique them at our next meeting.
- NOVEMBER 17th - Bring in the portraits you took at the November 3rd meeting for critique.
- DECEMBER 1st - REVIEWING THIS YEAR'S CALENDAR, review what we learned and come up with ideas for the 2016 CALENDAR.
- DECEMBER 15th - CHRISTMAS PARTY - LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED.
NOTE - The third Tuesday of each month is "Critique Night". We have gone back to presenting printed photographs not digital images. Two photos per member - assigned subject or general subject, photographs brought in should be matted not framed, please put title and your name on the back of the photo.