Slide Show for Website by WOWSlider.com v4.5
2014 Meeting Dates: (download .pdf version here)
- FEBRUARY 3rd - TECHNIQUE - Learning about Low Key Photography, group discussion with examples. NOTE - we are encouraged to look up information on various techniques by using google, bringing in examples we find on the web or in magazines etc... and joining in the discussion.
- FEBRUARY 17th- Bring in our photos using Low Key as a technique. As always you may bring in two photos per person. You have the option of handing in your work on a flash drive or submitting prints. As we have been doing in the past, your work will be critiqued.
- MARCH 3rd - TECHNIQUE - DEPTH OF FIELD - Group discussion with examples as above - anyone can lead the group. if we do not have a leader we will use our examples to learn this technique.
- MARCH 17th - Bring in our photos showing examples of DEPTH OF FIELD, using the information we learned at the March 3rd meeting.
- APRIL - 7th - TECHNIQUE - Learning the technique of shooting flowers. Members who have been successful at this technique are asked to bring in their work for the rest of us to see. We will discuss how to blur backgrounds, get the most out of various lighting situations, etc.
- APRIL 21st - If Adams Fairacre Farm is having their annual Spring Garden Show, it would be a good place to shoot flowers and flowering plants. If not any plant nursery would offer ideal conditions for shooting flowers.
- MAY 5th - TECHNIQUE - FILTERS - members have expressed an interest in learning about filters and how they react in various photographic situations.
- MAY 19th - Bring in photos taken with filters, either on the lens itself, or filters that are included in photoshop. As always 2 photos, to be critiqued.
- JUNE 9th - TECHNIQUE - Learning about SHUTTER SPEEDS - IN THE FIELD. We will go outside to learn this technique.
- JUNE 23rd - Bring in photos showing SHUTTER SPEED EXAMPLES for critique.
- JULY 7th - MEMBERS have expressed interest in SUMMER FIELD TRIPS......EARLY PM TRIP TO MONTGOMERY PLACE.
- JULY 21st - PM FIELD TRIP TO OLANA FOR SUNSET PHOTOGRAPHY.
- AUGUST 4th - PM FIELD TRIP TO SAUGERTIES LIGHTHOUSE (depending on the tide)
- AUGUST 18th - Bring in our photos from our field trips to Montgomery Place, Olana, and Saugerties Lighthouse for critique, two photos per member per trip.
- SEPTEMBER 1st - TECHNIQUE - BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY - GROUP DISCUSSION....Bring in examples of Black and White photos showing various B & W techniques, including toned images.
- SEPTEMBER 15th - Bring in your Black and White photos for critique.
- NOTE - Either Saturday Sept. 26th or Saturday October 3rd early morning field trip to North/South Lake
- OCTOBER 6th - TECHNIQUE - Discussion about Shooting in the Fall, refer to shots taken at North South Lake decide how to present them at our next meeting.
- OCTOBER 20th - BRING IN YOUR FALL PHOTOS for show and tell and critique. If you are unable to make it to the Saturday early morning shoots or if they are cancelled due to weather....simply , bring in examples of mountaintop photography you took on your own.
- NOVEMBER 3rd - TECHNIQUE - PORTRAITS - SERIOUS, CASUAL, AND/OR "FUN" PORTRAITS of ourselves - bring in WIGS, ARTICLES OF CLOTHING etc....NOTE - the last time we did this we never showed our work at a meeting. This time we will, whether you take serious shots or fun portraits, we will review and critique them at our next meeting.
- NOVEMBER 17th - Bring in the portraits you took at the November 3rd meeting for critique.
- DECEMBER 1st - REVIEWING THIS YEAR'S CALENDAR, review what we learned and come up with ideas for the 2016 CALENDAR.
- DECEMBER 15th - CHRISTMAS PARTY - LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED.
NOTE - The first Tuesday of each month is "Critique Night". Two photos per member - assigned subject or general subject or one of each, matted not framed, please put title on the back of the photo.